My Grape Vine has a new blog!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.my-grape-vine.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hail damage on grapes - these guys need our prayers.

Hi there grape friends.
A short, but really shocking post I want to share with you.
As most of you know, the early regions of South Africa (northern regions) started packing grapes a week or two ago, although we (where I live) are still about 5 weeks from packing/picking grapes.
Last weekend a hail storm destroyed many of those farmers' crops, some 100% (complete) crop loss. I though I should share these pictures with you. No matter how good a grape grower you are, if mother nature don't play along - well see the results.
Our prayers go out to these farmers, their families and their staff.
I nearly fainted when a good friend of mine send these to me.

Looks like Sugra1 (think so)

Flame Seedless

Flame is very susceptible to rain, so we cover the bunches with a special plastic bag, as you can see it didn't keep out the hale - look at the bags on the ground, shredded to pieces




Danie

No comments:

Search here for grape growing information

Google